Adults only? Caravan sites and campsites for the big boys and girls
Adorable though shrieking little humans are, plenty of people prefer to take their holidays without the little dears running around like demented Oompa Loompas. They’re called parents.
We jest, of course. But whether you’re the owner of a sprog or not, it has to be said that getting away from it all, not biting your tongue instead of swearing loudly when you bang your thumb with the peg hammer, not getting up at 6am to answer questions like 'Why don’t sharks drown?', and being able to have a drink or three without worrying that you’re setting a bad example is a rather attractive proposition on a holiday.
All our adults-only caravan sites and campsites are searchable by over 80 filters including location, price, amenities on site, leisure on site or nearby. All our bookable sites also have details on what to see and do nearby, location maps and must-see sights - and pubs - in the area.
(Naturally even though kids aren’t about, the normal rules of camping etiquette still apply on an adults-only camping trip – it might be more acceptable to have a bit of a potty mouth or a morning spritzer if that’s your bag, but this doesn’t mean screeching like a sailor at the top of your lungs all day or cursing/giggling wildly when you can’t find the keyhole in your tent flap at 3am. Many people who chose adults-only campsites do so because it’s quieter and because they’re up first thing for walking or sightseeing. So be a Pitchup.com type and play nice...)
Our top tips for grown-up camping
- Not having kids is a perfect excuse for glamping, and with the explosion in popularity of camping since Kate Moss and co turned up at Glastonbury, the glamorous camping industry is offering more and more choices for the savvy camper. If you want to make like Mossy et al and go glamping, you could hire a camping pod or a lodge at one of our adults-only campsites around the country for some wooden wall camping.
- Or stay old-school with our tent, tourer and motorhome pitches, where traditional definitely doesn't mean old-fashioned: Longnor Wood Holiday Park at beauteous Buxton in Derbyshire has a putting green, badminton court, boules pitch, wifi and a four-acre dog walking area; Wernddu Farm Golf Club in Monmouthshire has serviced pitches with electric hook-up, half-price green fees on the golf course, private fishing on the park pond and a clubhouse.
- We also have parks with caravans for hire from gypsy caravans to holiday homes, because part of a grown-up holiday is having everything there for you when you arrive...
- No school holiday or half-term dates to have to work around: have a camping or caravanning break at any time of year with our open all year parks, which again can be filtered how you like: adults-only parks open all year where dogs are allowed, sites with wifi and sites with golf nearby; we have over 80 filters covering leisure and amenities on site, leisure nearby, rules on site and tourist board rating.
- And, if ‘adults-only camping’ conjures up a different image for you than simply ‘no-one under 18 on site’, have a look at our naturist sites or our adults-only sites in 'Fifty Shades of Green'. Enjoy!
Search all adults-only campsites